Most people now recognise the value of individual health insurance due to the pandemic. People’s views on health insurance are shifting due to a greater awareness of the importance of being ready for any medical emergency. A good Mediclaim with OPD cover can give you excellent medical care in emergencies. Your financial safety net shields you from unforeseen medical costs. However, hospitalisation is not always necessary to qualify for health insurance benefits. You can receive all hospitalisation advantages if your health insurance plan covers home treatment. You can manage all aspects of your health insurance using a health insurance app in India. *
Learn more about home care and how to submit a claim with your health insurance. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under health insurance policy.
What Is At-Home Care?
When an insured person needs hospitalisation but is treated at home, the situation is also called domiciliary treatment or care. Any of the following causes could be to blame for this:
- The patient is too ill to leave home or transfer to a network hospital
- The network hospital cannot accommodate the patient due to insufficient beds or other resources
- The doctor suggests that the patient receive care at home rather than at a network hospital
If your health insurance plan covers domiciliary treatment, you may use it to pay for any of the three reasons listed above.*
What Does Home Treatment Cover?
The health insurance plan pays for all the costs associated with receiving care at home. For various insurers, the coverage varies. What coverage is provided by your health insurance can be confirmed by contacting your insurer. *
The costs primarily covered by domiciliary care include:
- Costs associated with care at home, such as copays for doctor visits and consultations, the price of medications and diagnostic tests, the cost of nursing care, the price of medical equipment, etc.
- Inpatient and outpatient network hospital costs
- Chronic care costs include those associated with checkups, daycare, regular consultations, etc.
Note that self-treatment at home without a prescription is not covered by home treatment. Home care is covered by some policies either as standard coverage or as an add-on health insurance benefit.
Inform your health insurer and provide all necessary medical documentation for a simple and quick claim settlement. For in-home hospitalisation, you must provide a doctor’s note and all test results, medical bills, and other bills. Get health insurance at your fingertips using the health insurance app in India.
Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under health insurance policy
Here Are Some Reasons To Buy Health Insurance Online That Includes Home Health Care:
- To receive the advantages of health insurance, the insured does not have to be hospitalised. He can still use his health insurance while receiving care at home as it suits him.
- Many insurers offer cashless home treatments, similar to cashless hospitalisation. Original invoices with a doctor’s prescription are necessary for cashless home care.
- Home healthcare is more affordable than network hospital care because it saves on expenses like rent, food, travel, and service taxes. Consequently, it is advantageous for both the insured and the insurer.
Get insured anytime, anywhere! Check out the Bajaj Allianz General Insurance website to learn more and download the app now.
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.